Our Staff Networks provide a safe space for colleagues with shared identities or circumstances to connect with others, share experiences and challenge organisational practices to create a more inclusive working environment.
Staff Networks offer regular meetings and events for their members, and are also consulted on University policy and guidance, to ensure that the voices of members are heard and reflected in the decision-making process. Our Staff Networks therefore play a key role in making the University better and more inclusive.
Our Staff Networks are only open to members of staff at the University. Students who are interested in connecting with others with shared identities, circumstances or interests can do so through student groups. Students can also find out about the work being done to create an inclusive student community.
For more information about our current Staff Networks, click on the links below.
Apprentice Staff Network
The Apprentice Staff Network is a network for past and current technical and non-technical apprentices at the University to share their working knowledge, experience and development gained from being an apprentice.
- Disability and Wellbeing NetworkThe Disability and Wellbeing Network (DAWN) supports disabled staff who work at the University by providing staff a space to talk openly about disability, and to work with the University to ensure disabled voices are heard.
- Global Majority Staff NetworkThe Global Majority Staff Network (GMSN) exists to create a community for, and improve the experiences of, Black, Asian, Arab, Latino and other racialised minority staff, including staff from mixed backgrounds featuring one or more of these groups. We know that identity can shape our experiences at work. Navigating workplace politics can be tricky and many Global Majority staff feel like they have to fit themsleves into molds that don’t match who they are. We want this network to be a space where you can show up as yourself, stand in solidarity with others, and have your voice listened to and valued as we work together to create a better and more equitable university.
- LGBTQ+ Staff NetworkThe LGBTQ+ Staff Network is open to all LGBTQ+ staff, and provides a space where staff can share their ideas to influence more inclusive policies, support Pride and ensuring LGBTQ+ visibility across the University. The network hosts regular socials and meetings for members.
- Neurodiversity Staff NetworkThe Neurodiversity Staff Network is for staff who have experience of neurodiversity.
- Parents and Carers Staff NetworkSupporting and retaining staff who take time out to start a family or care for a loved one is a challenge associated with a work/life balance. The Parents and Carers Network provides a space to talk to others in similar situations and identifies changes to current policy and practice that could better support parents and carers at work.
- Women's Staff NetworkThe Women's Staff Network is a safe space for all women (inclusive of cis and trans women) and non-binary people who feel comfortable in a female-centred environment. Here, we can openly discuss shared experiences and work together to influence University policy and improve the experience of our members in the workplace.
- Disability and Wellbeing Network
Voice & Influence Group
All of our Staff Network chairs meet quarterly as the Voice & Influence Group. The meetings are run by the EDI Team and provide opportunities for all network chairs to collaborate, share and be involved in wider University activities including policy consultation and Diversity & Inclusion events.
Staff Network Agreement
Read the Staff Network Agreement for more information about the purpose, requirements and support provided to staff networks.
Staff Network Guide
For more information about how to set up a staff network and the running of a staff network, please read our Staff Network Guide.
If you have any questions or queries, please contact email@example.com.