Gender and ethnicity pay gap reporting
Our University is a diverse community, and a huge variety of people contribute to its success. We value our staff and are committed to ensuring equal pay for all our employees and addressing workplace barriers to equality, diversity and inclusion.
Publishing and monitoring gender and ethnicity pay gaps helps us to better understand the causes of any gaps and to develop, and monitor, solutions that are targeted, innovative, and effective.
Gender and ethnicity pay gap reports
Pay gaps are one way of measuring the success of our strategies to embed equity, diversify our staff at all levels, and to build an inclusive workplace culture. Publishing and monitoring gender and ethnicity pay gaps helps us to better understand the causes of any gaps and to develop, and monitor, solutions that are targeted, innovative, and effective.
Representation and distribution of women and colleagues from minority ethnic groups across our grading structure are factors that influence the pay gaps. The targeted actions included in the annual reports will help drive accountability for improving representation and support our wider activity to build a more inclusive and diverse workforce.
Equal pay audits
We conduct equal pay reviews to identify any areas of pay inequality that may require further exploration, and to measure the success of our ongoing activity to diversify our staff population in relation to gender and ethnicity.
We recognise that eradication of pay gaps will be a result of the success of our strategies related to embedding equity, improving representation, and building an inclusive culture.
- 2023 Gender pay gap reporting (PDF, 480kB)
- Ethnicity pay gap reporting 2023 (PDF, 507kB)
- Ethnicity Pay Gap Report 2022 (PDF, 482kB)
- Gender Pay Gap Report 2022 (PDF, 475kB)
- Ethnicity Pay Gap Report 2021 (PDF, 400kB)
- Gender Pay Gap Report 2021 (PDF, 423kB)
- Equal Pay Audit 2021 (Office document, 723kB)
- Gender & Ethnicity Pay Gap Report 2020 (PDF, 368kB)
- Gender Pay Gap Report 2019 (PDF, 1,287kB)
- Gender Pay Gap Report 2018 (PDF, 868kB)