Join other members of the community taking part and collaborating with us. Access public consultations, take part in University of Bristol research studies, volunteer with us or donate to the University's collections and medical research.
On this page
- Public consultations
- Take part in health and medical research
- Artist and writer collaborations
- Become a Friend of our botanic garden or theatre collection
- Volunteer with us
- Donate to research
To make sure we hear your views, we consult local residents, business, civic organisations, alumni and the public, nationally and internationally.
We held a building names public consultation to get your views, as part of our work on addressing the University’s historic connections to the trafficking of enslaved Africans.
Take part in health and medical research
You can get involved in research at the University:
- Clinical health trials, including cancer, cardiology, mental health and neurology with the Bristol Trials Centre. Browse a list of current studies.
- Musculoskeletal research with the Musculoskeletal Research Unit at the Bristol Medical School.
- Palliative and end of life care research with the Palliative and End of Life Care Research Group at the Bristol Medical School.
- Respiratory research with the Academic Respiratory Unit at the Bristol Medical School.
- Surgical research and innovation with the Bristol Centre for Surgical Research.
Children of the 90s (Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents and Children, ALSPAC)
One of the most detailed birth cohort studies in the world, investigating how environmental and genetic factors affect a person’s health and development. Information from the study has already contributed to research on some of the most pressing health questions of our time, including childhood obesity, air pollution and mental health.
If you or your child were born in or around Bristol between 1991 and 1992, find out if you are eligible to take part in Children of the 90s.
Artist and writer collaborations
Use our research and resources as inspiration to explore themes artistically and create new works.
- Apply to become a writer-in-residence with the Kevin Elyot Annual Award.
Become a friend of our botanic garden or theatre collection
You can join a community of like-minded people, and use and develop skills in raising awareness, fundraising and organising events by becoming a member of one of our Friends’ Associations.
- Become a Friend of the University of Bristol Botanic Garden.
- Become a Friend of the Theatre Collection.
Volunteer with us
By volunteering with the University, you can learn more about subjects that interest you while taking part in a wide range of fun and rewarding activities.
- Alumni can volunteer as a Career Expert with Bristol Connects, offering career advice to students and other alumni.
- Volunteer at the University of Bristol Botanic Garden.
- Volunteer at the Theatre Collection.
Donate to research
You can support the University by making a donation that we can use as a resource for scholarly research.
Donate to medical research
Your donation will contribute to healthcare research.
- Bequeath your body to the School of Anatomy.
- Donate your pet to the School of Anatomy Pet Memorial Education Programme.
Donate to arts and historical research
Your art or historic material will enhance existing collections as a legacy for others to learn from and enjoy.
- Find a home for your live art and theatre materials at the Theatre Collection.
- To donate historical collections, contact our Special Collections team.