Facilities, free clinics and venues
Use our sports facilities, access free clinics and our free job shop, visit our libraries and collections or hire rooms and spaces.
On this page
Members of the public are welcome to use the University’s sports facilities, which offer a wide range of exercise classes and sports options. These include:
You can take up tennis or swimming lessons with our friendly, expert coaches running sessions for adults and children.
Costs for using the sports facilities
Explore our public membership packages. There are different price options including memberships designed for juniors.
You can also access many of our sports facilities, including swimming, the sports hall, classes, and personal training, on a pay-as-you-go basis.
Sports Medicine Clinic
Our sports medicine clinic offers a comprehensive sports medicine service for all. You can book a physiotherapy, osteopathy or massage treatment with one of clinicians.
Free clinics and job shop
Benefit from free services provided by the University, including free dental care from our dental students, free legal advice from our law students and support with applying for a job at the University.
Free dental care
Our student dentist training includes treating volunteer patients. You may be able to access free dental care by volunteering to be a patient at our Dental School in the city centre.
Free legal advice with our law clinic
If you need legal advice and cannot afford a solicitor, our law clinic may be able to help you.
In addition to the law clinic, we also offer a drop-in law clinic at our Barton Hill micro-campus, located in the café at the Wellspring Settlement.
If you are a bereaved family member and going through the inquest process, our students can advise you through our free inquest service, part of the law clinic.
Support includes advice on the inquest process, reviewing evidence, helping you draft your own statements, and even advocating on your behalf in court. Students are supervised by one of our supervising solicitors with extensive inquest experience.
Job shop: get support with applying for jobs at the University
Find out about jobs and employment opportunities at the University, and get support with your application, at our drop-in job shop at Barton Hill micro-campus.
Libraries and collections
We have a variety of libraries, collections and reading rooms open for public access.
- The Arts and Social Science Library is open to anyone over 16 years old.
- The Little Library at our Barton Hill micro-campus based in the Wellspring Settlement is a free library service. You can get a cup of tea and use the library service to borrow and return books.
- Book an appointment to visit our Special Collections, a curated archive of printed books and journals, archival resources and artefacts.
- Research using one of the world’s largest archives of British theatre history at the Theatre Collection, and see the ongoing exhibitions held there.
Venues to hire
The University has a large number of buildings across the city. Spaces in and around these building are available to hire for a range of events and purposes.
- Explore a huge range of venues to hire across the University campus and beyond including conference rooms, event spaces and wedding venues.
- Hire the Linnaeus Study Room, situated in the Botanic Gardens, to run courses, seminars, meetings, exhibitions and more.
- The Engine Shed, located near Temple Meads train station, offers co-working areas, meeting rooms and event spaces to hire.
- Hire rooms for workshops, outreach sessions, meetings and other group activities at the Barton Hill Micro-campus.