We hold a wide range of events for the city and beyond. Many of our events are open to the wider community.
Events for the wider community:
- Find lectures, poetry readings, networking events and more: view our public events calendar.
- Attend events including plays, workshops and garden tours at Goldney House and other University buildings: see what’s on.
- Join a nature-related or gardening workshop, event, or festival at the Botanic Garden.
- Attend seminars at the Bristol Vision Institute to learn about how vision is central to the way humans and other animals interact with our world.
Research festivals and exhibitions
Come along and get excited about our latest research. Hear from our experts about their latest work and take part in hands-on demonstrations and interactive displays.
Join our researchers face-to-face or online at one of our research festivals:
- Futures Festival of Discovery - bringing science, culture and research to life in new and exciting ways.
- Thinking Futures - the University’s festival of social sciences.
- Festival of Nature - the UK’s largest free celebration of the natural world run by the Natural History Consortium.
- Bristol Neuroscience Festival - an annual three-day festival where you can get stuck into experiments, take part in activities, and play brain games.
- Research Without Borders - a lively series of events where you can meet our postgraduate researchers and explore the big themes impacting society today.
- Digimakers - a series of free, hands-on workshops for children aged 7 to 18, parents and educators interested in being creative with electronics and computing.
Theatre Collections Exhibitions
Visit permanent exhibitions in our museum and reading rooms at the Theatre Collection.
You can explore our virtual museum, The Uncertain Space, and experience artefacts from our different collections. You can use a Virtual Reality headset to experience the virtual museum at our Theatre Collection Reading Room.