Set up a recurring card payment
A recurring card payment (RCP) allows you to pay your instalment amounts automatically using a credit or debit card.
Accommodation fees deadline
Set up a plan by 11 September 2023.
If you miss the deadline, you can still pay in instalments but you must remember to do this yourself on the payment dates.
Tuition fees deadline
Set up a plan by 20 October 2023.
If you miss this deadline, you will need to pay in full. Contact the team if you have issues paying: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can set up a recurring card payment plan without a UK bank account. However, you may need to check the transaction limit on your payment card.
Before you start
You will need:
- your card details, including billing address
- your student number (you can find this on the back of your ucard)
- your date of birth.
How to set up your recurring card payment
If you would like to pay both your tuition and accommodation fees, you will need to set up two separate plans.
Watch a video tutorial to find out how to set up a recurring card payment to pay your fees or follow the steps below:
- Log into your financial statement.
- Select View your financial statement.
- In the light blue section at the top of the page click the relevant fee, e.g. Tuition Fees (if your tuition fees are paid for by a sponsor or if you have a student loan, you will not see your tuition fees on this page).
- Select Recurring Card Payment from the dropdown menu and select Next.
- The next screen shows the instalments amounts and instalment due dates. Check that this information is correct. If you wish to continue, select Next.
- Select whether the card you will be using is in your name or in the name of someone else and select Next.
- If the card is in the name of someone else, you will be provided with a link that you can pass on to the third party so that they can pay on your behalf.
- Select Set up a Recurring Card Payment. The online payment portal will open in a new tab.
- Confirm your Student ID, your Date of Birth and your Relationship to the payee. If you are the payee, select Self.
- Read and accept the terms and conditions and select Continue.
- Select whether you are setting up an RCP for your accommodation or tuition fee payments and select Continue.
- Enter the full invoice amount in the Payment Amount field and select Continue.
- Check the second summary and click Continue.
- Enter your Card Details.
- Enter your Billing Address.
- Enter your Email address and select Continue.
- Check the final summary and select Confirm.
- Select the currency you wish to be charged in. This can be either your home currency or UK pound sterling and select Continue.
- Return to the previous tab and tick the box to confirm that ‘I have set up my recurring card payments and would like to reschedule my invoice’.
- Select Next.
If you have set up your plan successfully, you should see the instalments in your financial statement. You will also receive a confirmation email within one working day.
After your plan is set up
Once your plan is set up, you don't need to do anything else for the rest of the academic year, unless we contact you.
You must set up your online payment plan each academic year, even if you pay by the same method each year.
- Payment will be taken automatically on the relevant dates:
- Do not make a payment in advance of an instalment due date. This could lead to duplicate payment of instalments.
- Do not make additional payments as this could affect setting up your payment plan.
Cancel a plan
To cancel a recurring card payment, please email email@example.com.