Set up a Direct Debit
A Direct Debit allows you to pay your instalment amounts automatically from a UK bank account.
Accomodation fees deadline
Set up a plan by 11 September 2023.
If you miss this deadline, you can still pay in instalments, but you must remember to do this yourself on the payment dates.
Tuition fees deadline
Set up a plan by 14 October 2023.
If you miss the deadline, you can set up a recurring card payment.
A Direct Debit uses your bank account details (not your card information) to take regular automatic payments. There are no transaction limits on Direct Debit payments but you must have a UK bank account.
How to set up your Direct Debit
If you would like to pay both your tuition and accommodation fees by Direct Debit, you will need to set up two separate plans.
Watch a video tutorial to find out how to set up a Direct Debit to pay your fees or follow the steps below:
- Log in to your financial statement.
- Select View your financial statement.
- If you are eligible, you will see the Create payment plan action button at the top of the screen. (If you have a student loan or your tuition fees are paid by a sponsor, you will not see your tuition fees on this page).
- Select Direct Debit from the dropdown menu.
- Select Next.
- Review the payment plan to make sure that you understand the instalment amounts and instalment dates.
- Select Next.
- Read the statements and confirm that you agree with them. Select Next.
- Select Create and then enter your bank account details.
- Select Validate to check your bank details. If you mistyped any of your information, it will be flagged here and you will have the chance to correct it.
- Once your bank details have been validated, select Confirm.
- Review the information on the confirmation screen.
- If you wish to make any changes to your bank details, select Change Bank Details and amend accordingly.
- If you wish to continue, select Confirm.
- The last screen will confirm that the Direct Debit has been set up and that your payments will now be made automatically.
If you have set up your plan successfully, you will see the instalments in your financial statement. You will also receive a confirmation email with your Direct Debit guarantee within one working day.
Third-party Direct Debits
A third-party payer should not set up a Direct Debit.
If a family member or friend is paying your fees on your behalf, they can set up a recurring card payment or make a one-off payment. You should not enter any bank details other than your own into the system.
After your Direct Debit is set up
Once your plan is set up, you don't need to do anything else for the rest of the academic year, unless we contact you.
You must set up your online payment plan each academic year, even if you pay by the same method each year.
- Payment will be taken automatically on the relevant dates:
- Do not make a payment in advance of an instalment due date. This could lead to duplicate payment of instalments.
- Do not make additional payments as this could affect setting up your payment plan.
Cancel a scheduled Direct Debit collection
Contact your banking provider to cancel a scheduled Direct Debit collection. You must do this at least one working day before the next instalment date.