Progress and transfer

When you request to transfer at the end of an academic year to an alternative programme of study and, if applicable, successfully complete your assessments, your faculty will process your transfer.

You will receive a notification email when we complete the transfer. You can then check your new programme registration details in Student Info

When you register online for the next academic year, it will be for your new programme.

This outcome is not an appealable decision.

Full details are in sections 25.18, 30.28 and Annex 5 of the Regulations and Code of Practice for Taught Programmes.


If you receive financial support, such as a student loan, contact the Student Funding Office, as your transfer may affect the funding you are eligible to receive on your new course.


For students on a Student visa, transferring will affect your immigration status. You should have read the information about transferring and consulted Student Visa Advice when making your transfer request. You may be required to apply for a new visa at the point of transfer.

Edit this page