Landlord Rent Reference

If you are a current student and have lived in University accommodation, we can provide you with a rent reference.

Before you can move into a rented property, your landlord or lettings agent might ask you for a reference. The reference is to show that you are a suitable tenant.

To request a landlord rent reference from the University, simply follow the instructions below:

Step 1: Rent Reference Letter

You can request a rent reference letter by emailing

You will need to include the name of your landlord or lettings agency in your request.

Step 2: We send you the rent reference

We aim to process your request within five working days. We need to check your student record and rental account, to produce your rent reference.

A standard rent reference is produced. The reference includes a statement of your rental account. This will show if you are up to date with rental payments or owe money. If you owe money, you can make a payment to pay off your debt and request a new rent reference.

We will email your rent reference to your student email address.

Step 3: Send the reference to your landlord or letting agent

It is your responsibility to forward on the rent reference to your landlord or lettings agency.

Edit this page