Make an accommodation complaint

Follow the complaints procedure if you are unhappy with your accommodation or the service you are receiving.

If you want to tell us about a complaint or concern about your accommodation, you must follow this process so that we can review and investigate the issue.

We can only investigate concerns raised directly by students, and cannot investigate complaints raised by parents.

Step 1: Report the issue

Please email and provide as much detail about the issue as possible.

For repairs or maintenance issues, you must first log your request formally online and follow the steps outlined on the 'Request a repair or maintenance page' on the Accommodation Portal. If you are following up on your request, please email and include the date that you initally reported the repair or maintenance.

The Student Accommodation Team will direct your message to the appropriate team, which will investigate the problem and try to resolve the issue for you.

The Student Accommodation Team will email you to let you know the outcome. This is the informal stage of our complaints process.

Step 2: Make a formal complaint

If you are not happy with the outcome, the next step is to make a formal complaint using the Student Complaints Procedure (PDF, 144kB).

You must complete the Student Complaint Form (Office document, 38kB) and send it to The University's Student Complaints and Mediation Manager will then review your complaint.

If you are still unhappy with the outcome of this, you can complain to the Office of the Independent Adjudicator, an independent regulator for higher education.

Edit this page