Contents insurance

Insurance for your personal belongings is provided as part of your University accommodation contract.

You should check that the cover provided meets your needs and arrange additional cover if required. We will not accept responsibility for any personal property, including cash, that is not insured.

You must notify the University if any of your possessions in your residence are valued above the insurance limit.


Bikes are unlikely to be covered by your contents insurance and may require an additional premium to be paid. Check your policy and be sure to take out additional insurance cover if you need it.

Check your contents insurance policy

For students living in University-allocated accommodation, read about the basic personal effects insurance provided as part of your accommodation fee. 

For students living in partnership properties, you can check your contents insurance policy is listed in your Residence Guide.

Edit this page