Having guests to stay
The rules and procedures around having guests coming to visit you in accommodation.
Guests are welcome to stay with you in your accommodation providing the following measures have been met.
Register your guestYou must register your guest at least 48 prior to their arrival. To register your guest, you need to:
- Log in to the Accommodation Portal.
- Click on the Guest Registration tab.
- You will be asked to provide the following information about your guest(s):
- Date of birth
- Contact details
- Arrival date and time
- Departure date and time
Rules and regulations for guests staying in accommodation
It is important that you and your guest(s) comply with the following conditions:
- Guests must be over the age of 16.
- Guests cannot stay any more than 3 consecutive nights except in exceptional circumstances.
- Your guest(s) must comply with the rules stated in your tenancy agreement.
- You are responsible for the behaviour of any guests for the duration of their stay.
- If your guest(s) cause any damage to University property, you are responsible for paying any damage costs.
- Should there be an issue that requires disciplinary action then one of the potential sanctions is to suspend your privilege to have visitors and/or guests.
- You will need to speak to your flatmates beforehand to ensure they are happy having other people stay in their home.
Further guidance and rules on visitors and guests in University accommodation can be found in your tenancy agreement. This can be accessed via the Accommodation Portal.