MIA: Modular Image Analysis
MIA is a Fiji plugin which provides a modular framework for assembling image and object analysis workflows.
Detected objects can be transformed, filtered, measured and related. Analysis workflows are batch-enabled by default, allowing easy processing of high-content datasets. MIA is developed in-house at the Wolfson Bioimaging Facility, in response to the needs of our users.
- Workflows can be automated from initial image loading through processing, object detection, measurement extraction, visualisation, and data exporting.
- Near 200 modules integrated with key Fiji plugins such as BioFormats, TrackMate and Weka Trainable Segmentation.
- Workflows are, by default, compatible with batch processing multiple files within a single folder.
- Designed for compatibility with spatially-calibrated 5D images, yielding image and object measurements in both pixel and physical units.
- Compatible with many proprietary imaging formats such as Leica .lif and Zeiss .czi via Fiji’s BioFormats plugin.
- Functionality can be extended via integration with Fiji’s scripting interface or with Java classes that extend the core MIA framework
- Easy to install and run as a Fiji plugin. This also provides MIA access to all other plugins currently available to Fiji.
- Open source and free to download, so can be installed on multiple computers.
- Developed within the Bioimaging Facility, so support can be provided by the creators. Similarly, functionality can be added as required for specific projects.
- Specific versions of MIA can be cited via Zenodo
- Open source and free to download from https://github.com/mianalysis/mia
- Can be installed without elevated user rights into existing copies of Fiji.
Explore our other software packages.