B:Active Club Partnership Agreement
What is B:Active?
B:Active is participation programme delivered by the Sport, Exercise and Health division, which aims to provide opportunities that enable more students to be more active in support of their health, wellbeing and overall university experience.
The B:Active programme offers free, beginner-friendly, social sport and physical activity for students with a core focus on inclusion and community. The programme gives students a social way to stay active, to meet their peers and to try something new, completely free of charge. Sessions are inclusive and beginner-friendly, although all abilities are welcome.
B:Active sessions take place across the University campus, in our three core sports facilities; the Indoor Sports Centre, Coombe Dingle Sports Complex and the Swimming pool at the Richmond Building. Sessions also take place in University of Bristol student residences, at Langford Veterinary campus and in other spaces like Bristol SU and the Global Lounge.
What is the Club Partnership Agreement?
We recognise that the best kind of activity opportunities for students are delivered by students. The Club Partnership Agreement is an exciting opportunity for inclusive clubs and societies to deliver content aligned with our B:Active values, with financial incentive.
We ask clubs and societies engaged with B:Active to deliver an agreed amount of activity per term, which is in keeping with the core objectives of our programme, and to release funds upon successful completion. Sessions last between 45 minutes and 2 hours, depending on the activity, and benefit from additional support from student Activators, who are employed by Sport, Exercise and Health.
What are the benefits of being a Club Partner?
Clubs can benefit from involvement in B:Active as follows:
- Increased opportunity for students to experience your activity or sport.
- Ability to keep interested social players engaged in the sport, when club teams and sessions are at capacity (facility provision for these sessions is additional to the allocation your club may already receive)
- Building capacity, with developmental experience, for club members to support activity delivery as volunteer coaches and leaders.
- Option to enrol on the Game Changers programme if student coaches would like further development.
- Help with purchasing suitable training equipment.
- Increased awareness of your sport/club, which helps with the recruitment of new members and changing misconceptions or stereotypes, etc.
- Financial renumeration for club development purposes
- £275 per term for weekly 1 hour sessions (some activities may receive more, depending on the nature of the activity and frequency of sessions delivered).
Club Partner testimonials
The quotes below are from two of our current (22/23) B:Active Club Partners, who have been running B:Active sessions as a partner for some time.
Tell us about your experience as a B:Active Club Partner?
B:Active Volleyball has been a huge success this year. It's been an amazing way to engage and involve the student community, regardless of their skills or knowledge about the game, and a way to bond over the love of volleyball. As a club, B:Active has allowed us to enhance our inclusivity, giving anyone the opportunity to join in a non-competitive and welcoming setting, surrounded by our supportive community - which anyone can be a part of!
- Paige, Volleyball Club Captain 23/24
Can you tell us about some of the benefits to your club, since partnering with B:Active?
B:Active has provided funding for useful items like storage crates and gloves, secured room bookings in advance (which is helpful for the committee!) and crucially, has opened up our club to more exposure than we would normally receive, as MMA is quite a small sport. This has brought new eyes to the sport and gotten more womxn and other marginalised genders to give it a go, which is fantastic for such a typically male-dominated sport.
- Maddie, MMA Club Captain 23/24
How do we join?
To find out more and to discuss if becoming a Club Partner is right for your club or society, please contact us at email@example.com and we’ll arrange an informal chat with you, either in person or online.