Dr Lucy Prior
Research Associate in Quantitative Methods in Education
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 (0)117 4552823
- Publications: research outputs listed within Explore Bristol Research
- Multilevel modelling
- School performance measures, league tables
- Health geography
- Neighbourhood deprivation
Biography and research interests
I am a Research Associate in Quantitative Methods in Education, currently Co-Investigator on an ESRC secondary data analysis initiative grant looking at the 2020 GCSE and A-level 'exam grades fiasco'. I am also working on an ESRC Standard grant on new school league table research and methods for measuring school performance. I am also interested in using biosocial geography to explore health and education inequalities, and have previously investigated relationships of neighbourhood deprivation with overall health and wellbeing, as well as health pathways related to stress exposure. My research employs quantitative techniques, such as multilevel modelling, mediation analysis and regression techniques.
Journal articles and book chapters
- Prior, L. and Leckie, G. (2022) Student mobility: extent, impacts, and predictors of a range of movement types for secondary school students in England, British Educational Research Journal, 00, p.1-22
- Leckie, G. and Prior, L. (2022) A comparison of value-added models for school accountability, School Effectiveness and School Improvement, Ahead-of-Print, 1-25.
- Prior, L., Jerrim, J., Thomson, D. and Leckie, G. (2021) A review and evaluation of secondary school accountability in England: Statistical strengths, weaknesses, and challenges for 'Progress 8' raised by COVID-19, Review of Education, 9(e3299), 1-30.
- Prior, L. (2021) Allostatic load and exposure histories of disadvantage, International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 18(4), p.1-17
- Prior, L., Goldstein, H., and Leckie, G. (2021) School value-added models for multivariate academic and non-academic outcomes: exploring implications for performance monitoring and accountability, School Effectiveness and School Improvement, Ahead-of-print, p.1-22
- Prior, L., Jones, K., and Manley, D. (2020) Ageing and cohort trajectories in mental ill-health: An exploration using multilevel models, PLoS ONE, 15(7), p.1-14
- Prior, L., Manley, D., and Jones, K. (2018) Stressed out? An investigation of whether allostatic load mediates associations between neighbourhood deprivation and health, Health and Place, 52, p.25-33
- Prior, L., Manley, D., and Sabel, C. (2018) Biosocial health geography: New 'exposomic' geographies of health and place, Progress in Human Geography, 43(3), p.531-552
- Prior, L. & Manley, D. (2017) Poverty and health: thirty years of progress?, Poverty and social exclusion in the UK: Volume 2 - The dimensions of disadvantage . Bramley, G. & Bailey, N. (eds.). Bristol: Policy Press, p.203-224