Children of the 90s - @30 clinic
Book your @30 visit online! Check your email to login
We're celebrating the 30th anniversary of Children of the 90s. To coincide with this milestone, we are running a clinic called ‘@30’. All participants – original parents, study children and Children of the Children of the 90s (COCO90s) – are invited to attend this clinic.
Not received your invite? Update your details
If we don't have a current email address for you, please update your details so we can ensure you receive your invite to the @30 clinic soon.
- You will get a £40 shopping voucher as a thank you. Spend it online or in many shops – ASDA, Morrisons, Marks & Spencer, ASOS and many more.
- Appointments are flexible and available 7 days a week, including occasional evenings, over the next 2 years.
- We pay your travel expenses (bus/taxi/train/petrol and your Clean Air Zone fee).
- If you travel far, we will pay your accommodation expenses.
- Want to come with someone? Book on the same day as your Children of the 90s friend, partner or parent.
- We can give you a letter for your employer so you don’t need to take paid leave to attend.
- This is not a health check, but we will let you know if specific results are different to normal. For instance, you may have high blood pressure or low bone density (osteoporosis).
Why should I get involved in the @30 clinic?
- Through your questionnaire and clinic data, the study continues to contribute to scientific knowledge about many aspects of our health and development – from autism, mental health and pregnancy to COVID-19, child development and diabetes.
- The @30 clinic brings together all three generations of the study for the first time. Whether you are one of the original Children of the 90s (now aged 29-30), one of their parents (aged 50+), their children (aged 0-15) or their partners (if they have children) – then you are eligible to attend.
- The @30 clinic will take place over two years and is running until December 2023.
What do I need to do?
- Please update your details to include a current email address.
- Keep an eye out for your invitation to attend the @30 Clinic via email or post. Please check your junk mail.
- Participants of all ages can get back in touch with Children of the 90s and take part at any time. When you attend the @30 Clinic, you only need to do as little or as much as you like.
- If possible, encourage friends and family in Children of the 90s to also do theirs.
The clinic will last for 2-3 hours. We will ask you to have various clinical measurements and samples taken, including:
- physical measures - not only of body composition, but now including functional assessments (movement and action)
- measures important for the health of our heart and blood vessels
- lung health and breathing measures
- vision and hearing measures
- non-invasive measures of liver health
- biological samples for detailed follow-up measures and continuing assessment of biological markers through life.
It’s never too late to get back in touch (or to check if you're eligible), however long it's been since you last took part, and you can choose how little or how much to get involved.
ITV News West Country attends the @30 clinic:
Our information leaflets have lots more information about what's involved and the reasons why we do these tests.