Children of the 90s - @30 Clinic
join us in our biggest collection yet of health data!
This year marks the 30th anniversary of Children of the 90s. To coincide with this milestone, we have launched a new clinic called ‘@30’. All participants – original parents, study children and Children of the Children of the 90s (COCO90s) – will be invited to attend this clinic.
Update your details
If we don't have a current email address for you, please update your details and you will receive your invite to the @30 clinic over the next 2 years.
- You will get a £40 shopping voucher as a thank you.
- Appointments are flexible and available 7 days a week, including occasional evenings, over the next 2 years.
- Our @30 clinic is COVID-19 secure and we have measures in place to protect participants and staff.
- We will pay your travel and accommodation expenses (where needed).
- We can give you a letter for your employer so you don’t need to take paid leave to attend.
Why should I get involved in the @30 clinic?
- Through your questionnaire and clinic data, the study continues to contribute to scientific knowledge about many aspects of our health and development – from autism, mental health and pregnancy to COVID-19, child development and diabetes.
- The @30 clinic brings together all three generations of the study for the first time. Whether you are one of the original Children of the 90s (now aged 29-30), one of their parents (aged 50+), their children (aged 0-15) or their partners (if they have children) – then you are eligible to attend.
- The @30 clinic will take place over two years and will ensure Children of the 90s keeps its place as the world’s most detailed collection of health and biological data.
What do I need to do?
- Please update your details to include a current email address.
- You will receive your invitation to attend the @30 Clinic via email or post over the next 2 years. Please check your junk mail.
- Participants of all ages can get back in touch with Children of the 90s and take part at any time. When you attend the @30 Clinic, you only need to do as little or as much as you like.
- If possible, encourage friends and family in Children of the 90s to also do theirs.
- Email us to register your interest and be put on a list for an earlier slot. Email: email@example.com
The clinic will last for 2-3 hours. We will ask you to have various clinical measurements and samples taken, including:
- physical measures - not only of body composition, but now including functional assessments (movement and action)
- measures important for the health of our heart and blood vessels
- lung health and breathing measures
- vision and hearing measures
- non-invasive measures of liver health
- biological samples for detailed follow-up measures and continuing assessment of biological markers through life.
ITV News West Country attends the @30 clinic:
Our information leaflets have lots more information about what's involved and the reasons why we do these tests.
We also offer “quiet” days where there are fewer staff and participants, less background noise and lighting is kept low. Please contact us to enquire about our next session.
It’s never too late to get back in touch, however long it's been since you last took part, and you can choose how little or how much to get involved.