Bringing together methodological and clinical study design expertise in Bristol
The Bristol Centre for Surgical Research conducts research with staff from a wide range of disciplines and surgical specialities. This includes expertise in early phase studies and trial design, consensus methods, qualitative research, medical statistics, evidence synthesis and surgery itself.
We collaborate with national academic centres, clinical trials units, the MRC Trials for Methodology Research Partnership, NHS Trusts, Surgical Trials Centres and international surgical groups.
Our research tackles key questions of relevance to patients, surgeons and to the NHS. This research also aims to improve the design and conduct of studies. There are 8 main research themes:
- Surgical innovation
- Randomised controlled trials in surgery
- COVID-19 related research
- Pilot and feasibility studies
- Evidence-based and patient-centred information for surgery
- Surgical quality assurance
- Patient and public involvement