Returning students

Register for your next year of study

All returning students need to register before you start your studies. This includes students studying on a distance learning basis, on placements, study abroad, those on supplementary years and those on research or visiting student programmes.

When you register, check and update your personal details and accept the Student Agreement. It is important you keep your contact details up to date during your studies so we can contact you.

Registration opens from 5 September.

How to register

  1. Login to Student info (use a laptop or computer instead of a phone).
  2. Select 'Registration' in red text from the left-hand menu.
  3. Follow the instructions on screen to complete registration.

Please make sure you re-register. If you are unable to re-register this may result in your access to University facilities and buildings being stopped. There may also be financial consequences affecting funding, scholarships, loans from the Student Loans Company, and exemption from Council Tax.

Digital induction

Your digital induction is an opportunity to engage with activities and resources which will help you get you ready to restart your studies. You can engage with them in your own time and at your own pace.


Bring your UCard

Make sure you bring your UCard when you come back. 

If you didn't collect your UCard last year or need a replacement UCard, go to Card Services in Royal Fort Lodge who will be able to help you.

Pay your tuition fees

If you are a self-financing student or a sponsored student you must arrange to pay your tuition fees.

If you are subject to immigration control

you will need to complete a Right to Study check if:

  • you are returning to the University after a suspension
  • were not able to travel to the UK last year
  • have not provided all the required documents
  • have a new Student visa for any other reason.

Check your Right-to-Study status

Student experience and study in 2022/23

Find out about the student experience and study in 2022. 

Edit this page