Built on the belief that interdisciplinary is central to future developments in this field, BVI brings together researchers from science, engineering, medicine and the creative arts with the aim of addressing grand challenges in vision research.
BVI is proud to host the only current EPSRC Platform Grant in Vision Science and Engineering - Vision for the Future. BVI offers unequalled potential for progressing vision research in its broadest sense - from perception to application.
Since its inception, BVI has been the umbrella for many new research activities, several examples of which are described below.
- Activity and routine analysis
- Bioimaging at the cellular level
- Camouflage in nature and war
- Child health, development and vision
- Colours of the cinema screen
- Computational cameras
- Driving distractions
- Follow your eyes
- Measuring visual engagement
- More immersive video formats
- Painting and curating with AI
- Perceptual video compression
- Polarisation vision in humans
- Seeing CLEARly through turbulence
- The impact of the visual environment
- Understanding animal vision
- Understanding medical imagse
- Virtual futures
- Vision for autonomous locomotion