Pay your tuition fees
If you are a self-financing student or a sponsored student you must arrange to pay your fees.
When to pay
You must register with the University before you can pay your fees.
We will start invoicing for tuition fees from 14 September 2020 for all students who have registered online. Your invoice(s) will appear in your Financial Statement on the MyBristol portal within 48 hours.
We will start invoicing for accommodation fees from 28 September 2020.
How to pay
Once you can see your invoice in the MyBristol portal fees and funding channel, you can:
- Pay in full by 24 October 2020, online using a debit or credit card.
- Set up an instalments payment plan online. If you choose to pay in instalments make sure you know when the payment dates are.
You can also:
- pay in advance for an invoice that has not yet been raised. Go to your Financial Statement in the MyBristol portal fees and funding channel.
- visit the Online Payments site to change your card details, or make one-off payments or third-party payments for fees, courses, programme deposits and sports passes. You should have your student number and date of birth ready for validation.
- pay in full by bank transfer. Due to bank processing times, it can take up to 7 days for your payment to show in your financial statement.
You cannot pay in person, but you can pay in different ways online.
Instalments payment plans
|Method of payment||Details||Instalment |
(Undergraduate - Home/EU and international)
(Postgraduate Home students eligible for a loan)
|Deadline to set up instalments|
Payments collected from your bank account on payment dates. Check your bank uses the AUDDIS system to take these payments.
|2 equal payments - 24 October, 24 January||3 equal payments - 1 November, 1 February, 1 May||18 October|
|Credit card or bank card (recurring card payment)||
Payments collected from your credit or debit card on payment dates.
|2 equal payments - 24 October, 24 January||3 equal payments - 1 November, 1 February, 1 May||20 October|
You must set up your online payment plan each academic year even if you pay by the same method each year.
Once your plan is set up, you don't need to do anything else for the rest of the academic year, unless we contact you. Payment will be taken automatically on the payment dates.
You can pay in full by bank transfer. Please quote your student number in the reference.
Bank account details:
Account name: University of Bristol Fees Account
Sort code: 20-13-42
Account number: 90923583
IBAN: GB14 BARC 2013 4290 9235 83
SWIFT code: BARCGB22
Bank name: Barclays
Bank address: 53-55 Broadmead, Bristol, BS1 3EA
Please note we no longer accept cash or cheque payments.
If your tuition fees are being paid by someone other than yourself (not family) such as an external organisation or company, you are classed as a sponsored student.
You need to let us know if a sponsor is paying. More information is available for:
Criminals will try to target students to steal their tuition fee payments. Please follow the below tips to stay safe:
- Be aware that criminals may contact you pretending to be the University or your Agent. If you are in doubt about a message, contact the University or your Agent to confirm;
- Never share your University password with anyone;
- Be wary of companies offering to make tuition fee payments on your behalf, especially if they are offering a discount. The University has published a list of approved payment methods;
- Do not allow any agents/companies to view your University financial statements;
- If you believe that you have been a victim of online financial fraud you can report it to the UK police.
Flywire is one of our preferred payment methods for international payments. Flywire allows you to:
- Pay in over 150 currencies
- Track your payment from start to finish
- Pay by credit or debit card, bank transfer or e-wallet solutions
- Pay from any country and any bank
- Save on bank fees and exchange rates
- Benefit from a 24/7 dedicated multilingual customer support
TransferMate is an international payment solution offering competitive exchange rates.
TransferMate has a local bank account, with no wire fee charges for you to pay in your local currency to a local bank account. Benefits are:
- Preferential exchange rates
- 24-hour online tracking of all payments
- 24-hour customer service
- Receipt of all payments issued to the sender and the University
Additional postgraduate research fees
The following additional postgraduate research fees must be paid within 30 days of the invoice date:
Invoices can be accessed via the fees and funding channel in the MyBristol portal.
Countries we unable to accept payment from
We cannot accept payments that originate from these sanctioned countries/regions:
- Region of Crimea
- North Korea
The funds may be restricted, returned or declined. If you are due a fee refund from the University, processing restrictions will also apply to those transactions.
You can obtain a receipt in your Financial Statement in the Fees and Funding section of your MyBristol Portal, one working day after the payment is received (not after it is made).
Contact with third-party fee payers
Parents, family members and guardians are considered to be third parties and no student personal data will be disclosed unless consent is received from the student, or the disclosure is otherwise in accordance with the Data Protection Act. The University reserves the right to provide relevant fees information to the person or organisation paying.
Fee enquiries, payments and refunds
+44 (0)117 954 6372 (answer phone only)
+44 (0)117 331 7721 (answer phone only)
What to do if you are having difficulty paying your fees or have outstanding debt.