Short-term summer accommodation
Current students can apply for short-term summer accommodation in a University residence, subject to availability.
Applications for summer 2023 are now closed.
Applications for short-term summer accommodation for summer 2023 are now closed.
You can stay in short-term summer accommodation for a minimum of seven nights from 14 June 2023 to 2 September 2023. The rooms are charged at a nightly rate and prices range from £15 per night (twin room) to £27 per night (en suite room). A £50 cleaning fee is also payable.
To be eligible for short-term summer accommodation, you must be a current student and be up to date with your rent payments.
Please note that short-term summer accommodation will be extremely limited.
How to apply for short-term summer accommodation
To apply, you need to:
- Login to the Accommodation Portal.
- Select Short-term summer accommodation from the menu on the right-hand side.
- In the application, we will ask you to:
- Tell us your preferred check-in date (this must be at least 5 working days after submitting your application) and your preferred check-out date.
- Tell us your nightly accommodation budget.
- Disclose any accommodation needs you may have (please note that we may not be able to accommodate your needs due to limited availability).
- When you submit your short-term summer accommodation application, you will receive a confirmation email.
If you wish to amend or cancel your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Allocation and offers process
We require at least 5 working days to process applications for short-term summer accommodation.
If a suitable room is available on the dates you have requested, we will send you an offer of short-term summer accommodation. We will aim to contact you no later than 1 week before your requested check-in date.
If a room within your stated budget is not available on the dates you have requested, we will contact you to discuss availability for alternative rooms. If a suitable room is not available, you will need to look for accommodation in the private sector.
Paying for your short-term summer accommodation
Your invoice will be available to view on your financial statement within seven working days of accepting your offer of short-term summer accommodation.
You will then have 30 days to pay for your short-term summer accommodation. For payment instructions, visit Pay your fees page.
Please note a £50 cleaning fee will also be payable.