International students

Find out how the National Health Service works and how to get medical help as an international student.

In the UK, everybody registers with a General Practitioner (GP) to access care for their health. A GP is a doctor who has had specialist training to manage patients of all ages. If you need to see a specialist, you can only do this by seeing your GP first. Your GP can treat your condition, order tests if needed and decide whether a specialist is needed. Your GP can also help you with your mental health.

Edit this page