Reserving books and journals
Books and journals can only be reserved if they are on loan and there are no copies of the same loan status available on the shelf.
When a book is on loan you will need to reserve it via Library Search because items are now renewed automatically unless requested. Once a reservation has been placed on an item it will no longer be automatically renewed.
Select a copy of the book you want to reserve. Your hold request will prevent the item from being automatically renewed. The person that has it on loan will be notified and will need to return it to the Library within one day/seven days depending on the loan status of the book.
When the book that you have reserved is returned you will be notified and it will be placed on the hold shelf for you to collect.
You can make a reservation online:
- Use Library Search to see if the item you want is available
- If the item is not available, click on the item title to view more details
- In the 'Check Availability' area click on the 'Reserve a copy ...' button (you may then be prompted to sign in)
- Select the Library from which you wish to collect the item an 'Submit' the form
- An email notice will be sent to you when the book is available
If you encounter and difficulty in placing a reservation, please ask library staff for help.
Checking your reservation
You can check your reservation using My Library Account.
Collecting your reservation
- Seven day loans will be available for you to collect for seven working days. 1 day loans will be kept for one working day
- Collect the book from the reservation area of the library where you chose to pick it up from
- You must issue the book to your library account via a self-service kiosk, though please note, your account will be blocked if you have any overdue books and you will not be able to issue your reservation
- Users with difficulties accessing library resources (including part-time, distance & placement users) may contact Library Support to use the Library Support postal loan service.
If a book is marked as available but you cannot find it on the shelves, please talk to staff at an Information Desk.