About the library
The library provides access to and support for millions of research and learning resources in print and online. We are committed to providing high-quality facilities and services to enrich scholarship at the University.
The University Library is made up of eight libraries located in or near the relevant faculty or school, and employs just over 150 staff.
The current Library_divisional_plan_23-29 (PDF, 2,328kB).
Library Climate Action Plan
The current Library Climate Action Plan 2023 (PDF, 37kB)
Library policies and procedures
- Collection Management at Bristol University Library (PDF, 86kB)
- Filming and photography guidelines for the Arts and Social Sciences Library (PDF, 198kB)
- Library self-service laptops (PDF, 296kB) - guidelines with terms and conditions
- Policy for use of Library Group Rooms (PDF, 254kB)
- Re-use of Public Sector Information Regulations 2015 (PDF, 135kB)
- Take down policy for videos (PDF, 100kB)
Regulations for the Use of Library Services and Facilities 2020-2021