The Library is for everyone in our university community. Please use our physical items fairly and return books when others need them.
How to borrow
- You will always need your Ucard to borrow an item
- There are self-service machines at all libraries
Number of items
- Undergraduates and taught postgraduates can borrow 40 items
- Staff and research postgraduates can borrow 75 items
How long for (loan period)
- Standard items are currently guaranteed for a minimum of 7 days.
- Some specialist items will have different loan periods. To find a specialist item's loan period, check the individual page of the library that holds the item.
Always use My Library Account to check the return dates of items you are currently borrowing.
- If no one reserves the item, it will automatically renew and you have it for another guaranteed loan period
- Items will not automatically renew if your account is blocked
Unable to return an item
- If you will not be able to return a book in time, you must contact the library
- If you do not return an item when it is reserved, the book will become overdue and your account will be blocked
- If an item is not returned and has been overdue for over 2 weeks, you will be charged a full replacement cost
Any items taken out with your library card are your responsibility. Do not lend them to others.
During university vacations
During university vacation periods, the return date will be extended on most items. You will be able to keep these items until the end of the vacation, even if it is reserved.
Not all items are eligible for vacation loan. Always use My Library Account to check the return dates of items you are currently borrowing.
If you need a book that is on vacation loan, contact your Subject Librarian.