School of Education undergraduate programmes placed 3rd in new Guardian Best UK Universities 2022 rankings 16 September 2021 The School of Education, University of Bristol is delighted to announce that our Undergraduate Education programmes have ranked 3rd in our very first entry into The Guardian Best UK Universities 2022 rankings
- Research participants required for research on eye movements and reading on the Autism Spectrum. 23 September 2021 Would you like to take part in research? School of Education lecturer Dr Philippa Howard is seeking autistic and non-autistic volunteers to have their eyes tracked as they read.
- School of Education undergraduate programmes placed 3rd in new Guardian Best UK Universities 2022 rankings 16 September 2021 The School of Education, University of Bristol is delighted to announce that our Undergraduate Education programmes have ranked 3rd in our very first entry into The Guardian Best UK Universities 2022 rankings
- The Document Summary Service (DSS) announces new name from September 6th and will be called Education Policy and Research Service (EPRS) with a fresh look. 13 September 2021 After more than 30 years as the Document Summary Service (DSS), University of Bristol team announces name change to Education Policy and Research Service (EPRS)
- Professor Richard Watermeyer leads on Advance HE leadership study involved in developing a global survey and framework 1 September 2021 School of Education’s Professor of Education Richard Watermeyer is leading an international scoping study on leadership in higher education which asks the question ‘so what works for leadership in higher education?’ and invites individual expressions of interest to contribute.
- Lecturer in Psychology of Education Dr Felicity Sedgewick granted funding from the Office for Students to support student mental health 23 August 2021 Felicity Sedgewick’s collaborative project will develop training for university staff to help them better understand and support autistic students, with the goal of preventing worsening mental health among this often-vulnerable group.
- School of Continuing Professional Education (SCOPE), City University Hong Kong celebrates graduates in live-stream event. 2 August 2021 In June this year, due to the ongoing global pandemic, City University Hong Kong held their graduate celebrations via livestream so that colleagues from the UK could join them virtually.
- School of Education ranked 11th in Complete University Guide subject tables 6 July 2021 The School of Education is delighted to annouce that it has been ranked 11th place in the Complete University Guide subject tables, with particular highlights for research intensity (5th) and research quality (6th).
- The School of Education congratulates Professor Robin Shields for Bristol Teaching Award win 24 June 2021 The School of Education's Professor of Education Robin Shields received an Inspiring and Innovative Teaching Award 2021 in this year's Bristol Teaching Awards.
- Decolonising Education for Sustainable Futures – UNESCO Chair seminar series 23 June 2021 Published report from the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) seminar series held earlier in 2021.
- Doctoral researcher Luo Tan awarded the BAICE Student Fieldwork Grant 7 June 2021 Luo Tan’s doctoral research project “Investing in a Global Language in a Local Field” has been awarded the BAICE Student Fieldwork Grant worth just under £2000.