The School of Education’s research is world-leading: REF 2021 results 25 May 2022 The University of Bristol’s School of Education has been ranked 8th for research quality and 8th for research power in the 2021 Research Excellence Framework (REF).
- Brave student defies odds to graduate after surviving cancer 3 times 7 July 2022 A mature student diagnosed with three different types of cancer in 15 months has graduated from the University of Bristol.
- Get into Teaching: Tuition fee rebate offered for PGCE Religious Education (RE) students 27 June 2022 The School of Education at the University of Bristol is offering a tuition fee rebate of £500 for all student teachers undertaking the Postgraduate Certificate in Education in Religious Education (RE) in 2022-23.
- The School of Education’s research is world-leading: REF 2021 results 25 May 2022 The University of Bristol’s School of Education has been ranked 8th for research quality and 8th for research power in the 2021 Research Excellence Framework (REF).
- COVID, Schooling and Mental Health 17 May 2022 The extraordinary responses to the outbreak of COVID19 profoundly affected great swathes of society. From the colossal burdens put onto the healthcare system, the damage done to the economy and to the everyday lives of everyone in the country, the impact to every stratum and community has been unprecedented.
- University of Bristol ranked fifth for research in the UK 12 May 2022 The University of Bristol has been ranked 5th for research in the UK, with a remarkable 94% of its research assessed as world-leading or internationally excellent.
- Welcome to Dr Christian Ehret from McGill University, Canada 25 April 2022 Dr Ehret is visiting the University of Bristol through the Bristol 'Next Generation' Visiting Researcher Programme from the 1st April to the 13th May
- Reflections on the cChange / School of Education Climate Justice Challenge 29 March 2022 This month (March 2022) the School of Education is conducting a Climate Justice Challenge: Learning from Change. The challenge is one of the projects being led by the Climate Action Group within the School, made up of staff and student members, to help illuminate how we can act, as individuals, in our School and in the wider University community, in ways that are true to the University of Bristol’s declaration of a climate emergency. We have around 40 ambassadors participating in this month-long Challenge, including academic and professional services staff as well as postgraduate and undergraduate students from across the School’s portfolio.
- UNESCO’s Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Education for Peace and Sustainable Development (MGIEP) launches new report: “Reimagining Education” 22 March 2022 Today sees the launch of UNESCO’s Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Education for Peace and Sustainable Development (MGIEP) new report “Reimagining Education”, which was generated by its International Science and Evidence Based Education Assessment (ISEE).
- The School of Education Climate Justice Challenge Mar 2022: week 3 update 18 March 2022 This March, the School of Education has spearheaded the Climate Justice Challenge, a month long project involving staff, students and academics across the SoE community.
- Dr Zibah Nwako and Dr Afua Twum-Danso Imoh author collaborative article for The Conversation celebrating International Women's Day 8 March 2022 Colleagues collaboratively author 'Four Black women who have advanced human rights' for The Conversation, on International Women's Day 2022