Understand enhanced support available for students and graduates.
We provide tailored support for every student through mycareer. Just complete your profile to personalise the content and opportunities you see.
Your career journey is unique to you
We know some students need extra help along the way. We offer additional support to students with specialised needs. This includes needs related to equality, diversity, and inclusion characteristics, such as age, disability, ethnicity, and socio-economic background.
How we can help
We value equal, diverse, and inclusive workplaces. Our support drives equity for students from underrepresented groups.
- Access suppport for under-represented students - for resources and advice relevant to your circumstance.
- Our email newsletter, Flying Start, includes hand-picked information, paid opportunities, and events.
- Discover support, and hear student stories, on the theme of equality, diversity, and inclusion on our blog.
- Get matched with a career mentor who will help you explore ideas, share advice and give you an edge to break into the job sector that interests you.
Disabled and neurodivergent students
- Discover the support available from your Careers Service, including access one-to-one guidance appointments tailored to your needs, talk to us on Live Chat to book.
- Register with EmployAbility to get advice about adjustments and advocacy support. E-mail them once you've registered to start the conversation.
Discover tailored support for:
- Access support for international students - we are here to help you, whether you want to work in the UK, return home or move to another country after your studies.
- Use Student Circus to search for graduate opportunities and internships. These are only for international students and include sponsored UK roles.
mycareer hosts myPGR – your platform for personal, professional and career development.
University leavers and graduates
Access free professional, unbiased support for 3 years after leaving University through mycareer. Support is available for all University leavers – it does not matter why your studies ended.
We are proud to be a Next Generation Inclusive University, putting disability inclusion at the heart of what we do.
Impartial one-to-one guidance appointments are available.