Is further study right for you? Discover your options and how to apply.
Types of further study
A range of further study options are open to you:
- Conversion courses help you to pursue a career in a different subject, such as law and psychology.
- Graduate entry courses, for example medicine, let you specialise.
- Use your subject knowledge to get into teaching - our sector guide helps you to compare entry options.
- Master's courses, including MA, MSc and MEd, allow you to expand your knowledge.
- Doctorates, including the PhD, let you continue to work and study in academia. Our guide suggests what to consider before applying for a PhD.
- Find out more about the application process.
- Write a winning personal statement using tips from our blog.
- Check out our CVs for postgraduate applications guide.
- Get your application checked by a Careers Adviser.
Postgraduate study at Bristol
Learn more about your options for postgraduate study at the University of Bristol.
Reflect on, record and develop the skills you are learning through these activities in My Skills.
Is postgraduate study the right option for me?
Top tips and advice on finding, researching and considering your options with further study as well as stories from Bristol Postgraduates.