Exploring career options
Find out how to research your options and test out ideas, so that you can be ready to apply for jobs when you graduate.
With so many career options available, it can be hard to know where to begin.
- Start by attending the Workshop: Get clear on your career to understand what you are looking for in your career and what might suit you.
- Use the Career Ready Course – Explore to reflect on your interests, skills and strengths.
- Find out about career paths related to your course and look at what graduates are doing to help generate ideas.
Research employers and sectors
Build on your ideas by learning more about specific sectors and organisations.
- Use our sector guides and industry reports to find out about areas of work that interest you.
- Use mycareer to search organisations and attend events with employers.
- Browse Prospects job profiles to learn about graduate jobs and how to get in.
Grow your network
Gain valuable career insights, make a great impression with employers and access the 'hidden' job market by building your professional contacts.
- Use our resources on networking and LinkedIn to get started.
- Join Bristol Connects to find a career expert who can offer you advice and guidance.
- Watch our playlist of short videos to find out how Bristol alumni launched their careers and get top tips and insights from their journey.
Test out your ideas
Explore your options
Read Chloe's blog post to find out how she used her time at University to explore different options and decide on what career suited her best.
Read the latest student and graduate stories, round-ups of Careers events and top tips and advice from your Careers Service.
The Bristol Mentors scheme matches successful applicants with an alumni mentor who will share advice and help you explore ideas.
Did you know?
Around 70% of advertised vacancies do not require a specific degree and are open to all graduates.
mycareer lists exclusive vacancies from employers who want to work with you!