Creative Industries Unlocked
Creative Industries Unlocked (previously Unlock the Arts) is a 6-week programme designed for students in Year 12 or in their first year of college who are interested in learning more about pathways to careers in the creative industries.
Applications are now closed for 2023. We will be updating these pages with details of the 2024 programme so please check back regularly, and if you would like further details about the programme or have any questions please send these to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Through a series of hands-on masterclasses with industry partners, students will gain an insight into jobs in sectors such as production, publishing, broadcasting and creative technology, and get to visit some of the most exciting creative companies the city has to offer. Students will develop the key skills needed to succeed in Bristol’s thriving creative industries sector while also learning about how the skills gained by studying an Arts or Humanities degree will set you up to succeed in one of the South West’s fastest growing sectors. In last year's programme, students got to hear from representatives from companies such as Channel 4, Bristol University Press and Watershed.
The programme is only open to students local to the Bristol area.
Information for applicants
Applications for Creative Industries Unlocked are now closed for 2023.
Please send any enquiries about the programme to email@example.com.
If this project is oversubscribed, we will give priority to those who meet all or most of the following criteria:
- live in an area of low participation in higher education (check here) which is a score of 1 or 2 for the category 'POLAR4 young participation quintile'
- are a Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic student
- attend an aspiring state school or college
- are or have been eligible for free school meals
- have spent three or more months in local authority care
- are currently an estranged student
- are part of the first generation in your family to go to university.