Create alternative formats yourself
Use SensusAccess to convert short documents into a more accessible format including: MP3 audio, Word, Braille, and e-books.
Conditions of use
This service is for University of Bristol students and staff.
You can make an accessible copy if:
- you own the copyright (i.e. it's your own work)
- you have permission from the copyright holder
- the copyright has expired
- you or the person you are making the copy for have a print disability
- you can't find a commercially available version in an appropriate format.
By making a copy, you agree that:
- the copy won't be shared with others
- you will abide by the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act, 1988, Section 31A (disabled persons: copies of works for personal use).
- you will abide by the Data Protection Act when storing or sharing converted files that contain personal data.
Please note: a University of Bristol email address is required.
Please ask library staff if:
- you require coloured paper for photocopying
- you want to borrow a coloured overlay
- you want to borrow a magnifying sheet.
Training and support
Contact Library Support if you need training for you or a support worker to help with:
- using scanning equipment and software
- converting a chapter of printed text to an electronic format or audio.