Noreen Masud wins MSA First Book Prize 31 October 2023 Dr Noreen Masud has been awarded the Modern Studies Association's First Book Prize.
- Noreen Masud wins MSA First Book Prize 31 October 2023 Dr Noreen Masud has been awarded the Modern Studies Association's First Book Prize.
- Zadie Smith In Conversation with Professor Madhu Krishnan 19 September 2023 Zadie Smith spoke with Bristol's Professor Madhu Krishnan on the publication of her new novel, The Fraud.
- Tarini Bhambukar Wins RSVP "Expanding The Field" Prize 7 September 2023 English PhD student Tarini Bhamburkar has been awarded the 2023 "Expanding the Field Prize" from the Research Society for Victorian Periodicals.
- Rachel Hare Wins 3 Minute Thesis Competition 30 June 2023 English PhD student Rachel Hare has won Bristol's 3 Minute Thesis Competition.
- Bristol Common Press campaigns to restore 200-year-old printing press 26 June 2023 Bristol Common Press launches crowdfunding campaign to save the Albion, a 200-year-old printing press.
- Michael Malay wins at the Bristol Teaching Awards 21 June 2023 Dr Michael Malay, Lecturer in English Literature and Environmental Humanities, has won the Inspiring and Innovative Teaching Award at the Bristol Teaching Awards.
- Symposium celebrates the Furnivals 11 May 2023 On Saturday 22 April, students, academics, writers, publishers, and artists came together for a one-day interdisciplinary symposium to explore the lives and legacies of two of the South West's most important figures in the literary arts and arts education, Astrid Furnival (1940-) and John Furnival (1933-2020).
- Bristol academics collaborate on Cambridge Companion to Kazuo Ishiguro 23 March 2023 The research of three Bristol academics has been featured in a new Cambridge Companion to Kazuo Ishiguro.
- Ash Bond lands six-figure deal for book series 13 March 2023 Creative Writing PhD student Ash Bond has signed a six-figure book deal with Piccadilly Press for her mythological series
- English students present new play, 'Hamsters' 10 March 2023 'Hamsters', a play written by Bristol English student Rosalie Roger-Lacan, will be produced and performed by the new Bristol-based theatre company Talkers & Doers next week.