Do you want to improve your writing skills? Would you like to learn how to convey complex environmental information into digestible outputs for the public? Why not join our Cabot Communicators group?
Who are we and what do we do?
We are a group of environmental researchers from across the Cabot space who are learning how to create engaging content around our environmental research on multiple media platforms.
What's in it for me?
Being a part of the Cabot Communicators group brings many benefits:
- Gain free training in strategy, writing for different platforms and audiences and social media
- Enhance your CV and professional image
- Get constructive feedback in a supportive environment
- Better promote your research and that of your research group
- Meet world-leading environmental academics and individuals
- Establish yourself as an authority in the environmental research communications space
- Have access to media opportunities such as TV and radio interviews
- Learn new creative ways to promote your research, for example, through film and animation.
- Learn why the promotion of your research should always be done through a justice lens.
Our training is run annually and past training events have included:
- UoB press release training
- Social media for environmental research
- Inclusive writing
- The Conversation blog training
- Zakiya Mckenzie nature writing and inclusivity workshop
- Media Trust film-making workshop
- Sophie Marsh animation and the environment workshop
- Writers retreat
- Katharine Hayhoe communications and outreach roundtable
- Fiona Fox - Science Media Centre Q&A
How to apply
If you are a University of Bristol environmental researcher and would like to join the group, please contact email@example.com and we will send you an application form.