Cabot Institute Master’s by Research graduation 2024 21 February 2024 This week we are celebrating the graduation of our students from the Cabot Institute’s interdisciplinary Master’s by Research in Global Environmental Challenges.
- Cabot Institute Master’s by Research graduation 2024 21 February 2024 This week we are celebrating the graduation of our students from the Cabot Institute’s interdisciplinary Master’s by Research in Global Environmental Challenges.
- University of Bristol researcher recognised as Future Leader by UKRI 12 February 2024 Bristol’s Dr Filipe Machado França is among the 75 research leaders benefiting from £101 million investment by UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) to tackle major global challenges.
- Student scientist’s two-week voyage to remote Antarctic island 8 February 2024 A 26-year-old scientist has voyaged to one of the most remote locations on earth, where she will study a rare organism that could shed light on our warming world.
- £11m University of Bristol semiconductor research centre could be key player in net zero mission 7 February 2024 The University of Bristol will be home to the new £11m Innovation and Knowledge Centre (IKC) REWIRE, set to deliver pioneering semiconductor technologies and new electronic devices.
- Wind turbine pioneer Professor Andrew Garrad awarded Queen Elizabeth Prize for Engineering 7 February 2024 A Bristol academic who helped pioneer the development of wind turbines to deliver energy has been awarded the 2024 Queen Elizabeth Prize for Engineering.
- Scientists reveal why blueberries are blue 7 February 2024 Tiny external structures in the wax coating of blueberries give them their blue colour, researchers at the University of Bristol can reveal.
- Experts call for major shift in international decision-making to tackle ‘devastating’ impact of urban expansion 25 January 2024 Leading scientists are today calling for an urgent step change in global governance to save the future of worldwide cities and the planet at large.
- Joint Fellowships and Professorships awarded by the Universities of Bristol and Cape Town to deepen strategic partnership 24 January 2024 Six academic staff at the University of Bristol have been awarded joint Fellowships and Professorships to work closely with the University of Cape Town (UCT) on developing opportunities for engagement, impact and longer-term collaboration between the universities and their communities.
- The complexity of forests cannot be explained by simple mathematical rules, study finds 24 January 2024 The way trees grow together do not resemble how branches grow on a single tree, scientists have discovered.
- Three-year population study supports fight to save Cameroon’s Kordofan giraffe 23 January 2024 Crucial new data about the numbers of Critically Endangered Kordofan giraffe living within Cameroon’s Bénoué National Park has been released, supporting conservation efforts to save the subspecies from extinction.