The University of Bristol Business School has an enthusiastic research community, a welcoming atmosphere and excellent research facilities.
Find out more about our PhD programme details, such as entry requirement, duration, supervisors and tuition fees.
We refer to your research proposal to assess your suitability for PhD studies. If you are considering applying for a PhD programme, explore our concise guideline below. It offers insights to help you craft a compelling research proposal for a successful application.
Bursaries and Scholarships
With your talent and ability to succeed, concerns about funding should not stop you from applying to a PhD programme. The University of Bristol Business School is offering 10 bursaries of a minimum of £20,400 per annum to be awarded to successful PhD students.
Visit our funding page for more details.
Research is central to the University of Bristol Business School. We are large enough to have expertise in many fields, but small enough to be friendly and allow regular contact between students and staff members.
Why choose the University of Bristol Business School for your PhD?
- Work with the brightest minds in academia. The 2021 Research Excellence Framework (REF) rated 88 per cent of the research in Business and Management as 'world leading' or 'internationally excellent' (3*/4*).
- Be part of an active research culture working to make a difference by critically addressing the significant challenges that face individuals, communities, organisations and economies.
- Gain access to our broad portfolio of research and impact partnerships, which include advisory roles to international and national government, non-government organisations (NGOs), professional bodies and regulators, and private and social enterprise.
- Fulfil your career aspirations with our customised personal development strategy.
- Receive excellent support within a vibrant PhD community.
Read the application page and admissions statement for full details.
Our research focuses on driving change towards a more sustainable, inclusive and prosperous world.