We’re hiring! Four academic roles open to applications (now closed) 9 January 2024 Please note this recruitment has now closed.
- We’re hiring! Four academic roles open to applications (now closed) 9 January 2024 Please note this recruitment has now closed.
- Tim Kindberg appointed as BDFI Honorary Fellow 3 January 2024 We’re delighted to welcome Dr Tim Kindberg as an honorary fellow at BDFI.
- BDFI partnering with Fujitsu to complete pioneering digital twin 28 November 2023 Bristol Digital Futures Institute has signed a contract with Fujitsu to provide the powerful IT and network infrastructure and systems for its pioneering Reality Emulator, an advanced digital twin facility.
- BDFI co-produces a conference on slave traders Sandbach Tinne 14 November 2023 BDFI recently hosted a two-day conference exploring the legacy, history and archives of the Sandbach Tinne company, a slave trading conglomerate that had far-reaching influence across the British Empire and connections to Bristol.
- Project to bring Nomadic Network Boxes to Nepal receives funding 26 September 2023 BDFI academic Dr Angeliki Katsenou has received seed funding from the Royal Academy of Engineers to explore the feasibility of bringing network connectivity to regions in Nepal.
- New Reality Emulator contract sets BDFI on path to building its pioneering digital twin facility 6 September 2023 Bristol Digital Futures Institute has signed a contract with audio-visual immersive technology company Mechdyne, to build the immersive visualisation suite of its Reality Emulator.
- World-first cinema capable of measuring audience response to open in Bristol 31 July 2023 One of the world’s most innovative cinemas, capable of monitoring audience reactions like never before, is coming to Bristol.
- New placement will strengthen the relationship between Knowle West Media Centre and Bristol Digital Futures Institute 21 June 2023 A Knowledge Exchange Placement between BDFI and KWMC will embed Professor Rebecca Coleman in KWMC and further their activities looking at impact around community tech and marginalised communities.
- How did we imagine the future during Covid? Researchers reveal three ways using Mass Observation diaries 27 April 2023 How we imagined, marked and experienced our futures were questioned during the early part of the Covid pandemic, according to new research published in a special issue of Sociology today.
- University of Bristol proud to host pioneering cybersecurity research centre 22 March 2023 The University of Bristol is very proud to be the new home for The Research Institute for Sociotechnical Cyber Security (RISCS) – one of the oldest of the National Cyber Security Centre’s research institutes.