Scholarships for international students
Our international scholarships could help you fund your studies at Bristol. Discover which funding opportunities you may be eligible for.
Think Big international scholarships
We have invested £3 million in Think Big scholarships to help international students come to Bristol in 2023. These scholarships are for undergraduate and master's applicants with overseas fee status.
Students who are awarded a Think Big scholarship also have the opportunity to be part of the Think Big Development Programme.
Our scholarships are open for applications for those planning to enrol in September 2023. You must apply for your course or programme at Bristol before you apply for a scholarship.
You only need to complete one application form to be considered for all the following scholarships and bursaries that you are eligible for. More scholarships for 2023 enrolment will be added in late autumn 2022.
You can check details, deadlines and eligibility criteria using the links below. Please read our application guidance before you apply.
- Think Big undergraduate awards
- Global Economics undergraduate scholarships
- Global Accounting and Finance undergraduate scholarships
- School of Policy Studies international undergraduate scholarships
- Think Big bursaries for sciences
- Bristol-MABECS Think Big Scholarship
- Think Big postgraduate awards
- Global Economics postgraduate scholarships
- Global Accounting and Finance postgraduate scholarships
- Future Leaders postgraduate scholarships
- Michael Wong Pakshong bursary
- Phyllis Mary Morris bursaries
- School of Policy Studies postgraduate international scholarships
- Think Big about Global Justice postgraduate scholarships
- Think Big about Education postgraduate scholarships
- Think Big about Innovation scholarships
- GREAT India scholarships (partner scholarship, for students from India)
- GREAT Scholarships for Justice and Law (partner scholarship, for students from China)
Think Big Development Programme
In addition to receiving financial support, students with a Think Big scholarship have a chance to be a part of the Think Big Development Programme.
This is a practical, bespoke programme created to provide guidance, support, inspiration and a framework for scholars to achieve and unlock their potential beyond academic study. Find out more about the programme.
Search for scholarship opportunities
Search our full list of funding to find more scholarships offered by the University of Bristol and external organisations.
Before you apply for a scholarship, check the application deadline and whether you are eligible.
These scholarships are available to applicants who will pay overseas fees. Find out more about how we decide your fee status.
Find information for prospective international students thinking about applying to study at the University of Bristol.