You can find the answer to come of our most commonly asked questions on our dedicated FAQ pages. Please see the relevant page for your query before getting in touch as this may be the quickest way for you to get the answer to your question:
The best way to contact us currently is either by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 01179 546640. Our phone lines are open Monday - Friday, 9:30-12:30 and 13:30-16:30.
Please note that due to the volume of enquiries we receive, it is currently taking us up to 7 working days to respond to emails. Please see if the answer to your question is covered in the FAQs linked above before getting in touch.
When contacting us please note:
- When contacting us, please include your student or UCAS number, to enable us to speed up your enquiry.
- Please do not ask anyone else, such as a parent, to contact us on your behalf. We can only deal with you directly because of the University's confidentiality policy
- Please don't telephone and email about the same thing as this may lead to duplication and delay, to get your enquiry dealt with quickly it is always best to stick to one form of communication.
- University of Bristol staff and students can find additional contact details through the Contact Directory.
If you're living in University-allocated accommodation
Questions about your tenancy
Students in University-allocated accommodation with a question about their tenancy should contact the Accommodation Office by emailing email@example.com or by phone on 0117 954 6640.
Questions about your rent
Please contact the Information Point team by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 0117 428 3000 for information on setting up payments for rent. Advisers are available Monday to Friday, from 9am to 8pm.
Reporting repairs or maintenance
Please visit your residence guide for full detail of how to report a repair. It is essential you follow the steps on your guide to ensure your issue is logged appropriately.
For wellbieng support
To contact your Residential Life team please see the Residential Life contact page for details per residence.
Contact us about private rented accommodation
The Accommodation Office runs a Housing Advice service, if you would like us to take on your case please contact email@example.com.
If you need advice urgently please contact:
- Shelterline - Housing advice free helpline, open 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 5pm at weekends - 0808 800 4444
- Shelter Bristol Housing Advice
- Citizens Advice Bristol for housing, debt and general advice
- Avon and Bristol Law Centre - Housing Advice Information Sessions - Call for an appointment on 0117 9248662
- Bristol City Council Private Housing Team and Rogue Landlord Team - Advice on health and safety issues in the home plus bad landlords, harassment and illegal eviction - firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0117 3525010
If you are having problems in your private accommodation that are causing you distress or concern, we also strongly recommend that you contact the University's wellbeing service who can offer support.
Contact us about students in the community
For queries or issues related to students in the community, please email email@example.com.
Complaints and concerns
If you have experienced any issues with your accommodation or are dissatisfied with any aspect of the service your have received from the Accommodation Office, details of how you can raise a concern or escalate a complaint can be found on our complaints and concerns web page.
Contact information for parents
Our confidentiality policy recognises our students as independent adults. We therefore require student consent to talk to anyone outside the University about them, including parents and guardians.
We know it can be frustrating for you as a parent when we are not able to talk to you about a student. Our information for parents page has full details of our policies, including what we can do if you have serious concerns about a students welfare.
Parents, guardians and carers with concerns should speak directly with their student or contact our University hotline on 0117 3742838.
Please note staff are working from home, please be patient and considerate when trying to contact us as we juggle the challenges of home working with maintaining a full service for our students.
Phone: 0117 95 46640
|Monday - Friday||9:30am to 12:30pm and 1:30pm to 4.30pm|
The Accommodation Office is not a 24-hour service. Current students with an urgent issue should contact their Residential Life team.