Students with dependants

Any student with children or dependant adults may be eligible for extra financial assistance.

Students from England

You can apply for extra support from Student Finance England.

  • Childcare Grant - Full-time undergraduate students eligible for student finance can apply to receive 85% of their childcare costs or a fixed maximum amount, whichever is less. This grant is paid directly to the student’s childcare provider, which must be registered with Ofsted.
  • Parents’ Learning Allowance - For full-time undergraduate students eligible for student finance who have children.
  • Adult Dependants’ Grant - For full-time students eligible for student finance with an adult who depends on them financially.

Students from Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland

Universal Credit Benefit

Eligible students (lone parents/disabled students) may be able to claim Universal Credit benefit during term time and possibly in full over the summer. Speak to a student funding adviser to find out more.

Financial Assistance Fund

The Financial Assistance Fund supports Home (UK) and EU/international undergraduate and postgraduate students who have particular financial difficulties. The fund's purpose is to help you access and remain in higher education.

Funding enquiries or money worries

Money advice queries:

Call our Student Services:
+44 (0)117 428 3000

Edit this page