Outstanding REF 2021 results for the School of Modern Languages 12 May 2022 The School of Modern Languages at the University of Bristol is pleased to announce its REF 2021 results.
- Bristol Translates 2022 opens with participants on four continents 4 July 2022 Language lovers and translation enthusiasts in 28 countries across four continents are coming together for this year’s Bristol Translates literary translation summer school.
- Transnational Modern Languages: A Handbook, edited by Jennifer Burns and Derek Duncan 6 June 2022 This book is the anchor of the Transnational Modern Languages series, which Bristol SML staff played a vital role in shaping.
- La Civetta 2022 final edition is out! 6 June 2022
- La Dépêche - Edition 2 is out! 6 June 2022
- Outstanding REF 2021 results for the School of Modern Languages 12 May 2022 The School of Modern Languages at the University of Bristol is pleased to announce its REF 2021 results.
- Computational linguist Cory Massaro joins Translation staff 26 April 2022 Translation Studies at Bristol is delighted to announce that Cory Massaro, a distinguished computational linguist with extensive industry experience, has been appointed an Honorary Research Associate. Massaro will join academic staff in mixed-method, comparative discourse analysis research projects.
- Dr Clare Siviter amongst 2022’s New Generation Thinkers for BBC 1 April 2022 Two Bristol researchers have been appointed as New Generation Thinkers for their game-changing ideas.
- Lynn Urch: On the way to success in translation, focus on quality 18 March 2022 Specialist financial translator Lynn Urch joined MA Translation students on 16 March 2022 for a discussion on how to specialise as a translator and, drawing on her mentoring and networking experience, how to avoid being lonely as a freelance linguist.
- Three MAT graduates explain how to get your translated book published 23 February 2022 Establishing a foothold in literary translation is an exciting process, as recent graduates of the MA Translation explained in an online event for current students.
- Dr Clare Siviter selected as a Franco-British Young Leader 16 February 2022 Dr Clare Siviter, Senior Lecturer in French Theatre and Performance, has been selected as one of this year's Franco-British Young Leaders.