Reference management: Introducing EndNote Desktop
EndNote is a reference management package that lets you gather and organise bibliographic references, then cite them in various word processors whilst automatically creating a bibliography.
This online workshop gets you up to speed with populating your EndNote Desktop library with relevant references in a variety of ways, and provides guidance in citing references in Word.
Downloading a copy of EndNote Desktop on to a personal (or UoB) device before the course is recommended (instructions can be found here: http://www.bris.ac.uk/library/subject-support/referencing/endnote/).
By the end of the workshop you will be able to:
- search external databases and import references to EndNote
- manually type in references
- search for full text PDFs of references
- search your EndNote library for specific references and organise them with groups
- remove duplicate references, back up your files, and carry out other ‘housekeeping’ tasks
- cite and edit references in MS Word
- synchronise your desktop account with the web version.
The workshop will take place on Microsoft Teams. A link to the session will be sent out when you register for a ticket.
Sign up for a place here: https://events.timely.fun/dir3ctmp/event/76909023/20231019103000.