Bristol Dental School provides superb teaching and an excellent research environment for postgraduate studies.
We have an active and integrated postgraduate community from a mixture of clinical, lab based, and other science backgrounds, guided by expert staff with diverse specialisms.
As well as taught postgraduate programmes, we offer research supervision in a wide range of topics relating to oral and dental sciences.
- DDS Orthodontics Doctorate in Dental Surgery
- MSc Dental Implantology
- MSc Oral Medicine
- Postgraduate Certificate Clinical Conscious Sedation and Anxiety Management
- Postgraduate Certificate Clinical Oral Surgery
- PhD and MSc by Research opportunities
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
All qualified dental professionals are required by the General Dental Council to undertake Continuing Professional Development programmes annually in order to maintain the highest clinical standards possible and deliver the best patient care.
Bristol Dental School offers a range of CPD programmes, run through the Bristol University Open Learning for Dentists (BOULD) programme, which provides courses based on flexible learning and runs the Diploma in Postgraduate Dental Studies.
CPD is also available for Dental Care Professionals.
The Postgraduate Team are now developing short courses for practising dentists with postgraduate qualifications.
There is a collection of case studies across all the University's research areas, including the oral and dental sciences, where you can learn about the impact of our research.
Did you know?
- A number of our students have been awarded national and international prizes in recognition of their research.
- Alumni scholarship is available for any self-funded UoB graduate who progresses, within 10 years of graduation, from the final year of an undergraduate programme to a taught masters programme. This 10% discount will apply for the whole duration of the student's programme. Please ask for more information if this applies to you.
We have a long-established interdisciplinary research culture, with tight links between clinical dentistry and basic scientific research.
Postgraduate Notes in Orthodontics (8th Edition) was written by Nikki Atack, Consultant in Orthodontics, and Professor Jonathan Sandy, Professor of Orthodontics and Dean of Faculty of Health Sciences.