Manor Hall West Residential Village
Manor Hall is made up of four different buildings, the Georgian main building, Sinclair House, Manor House and Richmond House. The newer blocks that make up Sinclair House are a row of brightly terraced houses which fit in perfectly with Bristol's iconic colourful skyline.
Images and video of Manor Hall
Photography is representative – room layout, contents and furnishings may vary.
Location of Manor Hall
Getting to the campus
- 0.7 miles from campus
- Approximately 14 minutes walk
- Approximately 7 minutes cycle
Lower Clifton Hill, Bristol, BS8 1BU
This accommodation is part of the West Residential Village. Home to around 3,000 students, this is the largest residential village in terms of the area it covers. Most residences are based in Clifton, with some located near Park Street and Gloucester Road. Clifton is a popular and picturesque suburb of Bristol known for its Georgian architecture, cafe culture, and green spaces. Park Street boasts a selection of quirky shops, bars, and restaurants, and has several works of street art by the world-famous artist, Banksy. Bristol's independent and thriving, Gloucester Road, is reputedly the longest independent shopping street in Europe. Students benefit from being both close to the University campus and to the city centre. Students living in the West Village have access to the Student Support Centre based in Clifton Hill House. Find out more about living in the West Residential Village.
Accommodation costs and terms for 22/23
|Room types available||Available beds||Tenancy length||Total fee|
|Twin room – basic||4||38 week||£3,990.00|
|Twin room with basin – basic||4||38 week||£3,990.00|
|Single – basic||69||38 week||£4,389.00|
|Single with basin – basic||28||38 week||£4,788.00|
|Single with basin – standard||103||38 week||£4,841.20|
|1 bed flat (family accommodation)||2||51 week||£11,781.00|
|2 bed flat (family accommodation)||7||51 week||£13,387.50|
Tenancy dates: 17 September 2022–10 June 2023 (38 week tenancies) or 10 September 2022 - September 2023 (51 week tenancies). The tenancy is a fixed term contract.
Room types: understand what our room types mean.
Tenancy and payment terms: You must read the terms and conditions of accepting a tenancy with us before you proceed with your accommodation application. Read about what's included in your fees and budgeting for your accommodation costs on our accommodation costs page and view a sample tenancy (PDF) for this residence detailing payment terms.
- Meal card option available
- Owned and managed by the University of Bristol, which is the landlord.
- Made up of four separate buildings
- This is one of our older properties and is priced to reflect that the rooms haven't been recently refurbished.
- Bath/shower facilities on each floor/flat or house, shared by 3–5 students
- Kitchens located on each floor/flat or house shared by 5–18 students
- Some no alcohol flats are available
- Some single-sex flats are available
- All beds single size
- Internet access (Glide) in rooms
- Bike storage (additional cost for insurance)
- Limited parking available with permit
- Common room
- Music practice room
- Study room