Hiatt Baker Hall North Residential Village
Hiatt Baker is the largest hall of residence. The catered section is comprised of blocks of accommodation, with shared bathroom and basic kitchen facilities. The self-catered section consists of blocks of flats all with en suite bedrooms, and spacious townhouses.
Images of Hiatt Baker Hall
Photography is representative – room layout, contents and furnishings may vary.
Location of Hiatt Baker Hall
Getting to the campus
- 2.2 miles from campus
- Approximately 14 minutes cycle
- Approximately 16 minutes bus journey
Parry's Lane, Bristol, BS9 1AD
This accommodation is part of the North Residential Village. Home to around 2,500 students, the North Village is a campus of accommodation located two miles from the University campus. There is a regular bus service running to the University (bus passes are included in your accommodation fee). The site includes gardens and space for socialising and relaxing, and the Clifton Suspension Bridge, Avon Gorge, Ashton Court, and Leigh Woods are all within walking distance. Students living in the North Residential Village have access to the Student Support Centre based in Hiatt Baker Hall. Find out more about living in the North Residential Village.
Accommodation costs and terms for 22/23
|Room type available||Available beds||Tenancy length||Total fee|
|Single – standard plus||111||38 weeks||£6,995.80|
|Single with basin – standard plus||190||42 weeks||£7,350.00|
|Single with basin – basic – catered||221||42 weeks||£7,791.00|
|En suite – standard||203||42 weeks||£8,026.20|
|En suite – plus – catered||6||42 weeks||£9,408.00|
Tenancy dates: 17 Sept 2022 to 10 June 2023 (38wk tenancy) or 17 Sept 2022 to 8 July 2023 (42 week tenancy) depending on the room type.. The tenancy is a fixed term contract.
Room types: understand what our room types mean.
Tenancy and payment terms: You must read the terms and conditions of accepting a tenancy with us before you proceed with your accommodation application. Read about what's included in your fees and budgeting for your accommodation costs on our accommodation costs page and view a sample tenancy (PDF) for this residence detailing payment terms.
- Catered and self-catered
- Owned and managed by the University of Bristol, which is the landlord.
- Half board rooms: Catering provision for Hiatt Baker is served from the Badock Hall dining hall (5 minutes walk). Catered rooms in Hiatt Baker have older decor and are arranged as floors of accommodation, with 21-30 students per floor. There are two basic pantry areas on each floor of 21-30 students, with toaster, kettle and microwave for preparing simple meals. Bathrooms facilities are shared between 9-12 students.
- Self-catered rooms: The self-catered rooms at Hiatt baker are grouped into either flats with have 8-10 en suite rooms per flat sharing a kitchen and living space, floors in A, B and C blocks which have 24 single with basin room type sharing a kitchen diner, with 9-12 students per bathroom, and townhouses which have 8-12 standard plus rooms per house, sharing one spacious kitchen/diner. In townhouses bathrooms are shared between 2 rooms.
- Adapted rooms for people with restricted mobility available
- Adapted rooms for wheelchair users available
- Some single-sex flats are available
- Single beds in old blocks and flats, small double beds (4ft/122cm wide) in townhouse
- Internet access (Glide) in rooms
- Bike storage (additional cost for insurance)
- Limited parking available with permit
- Hall bar
- Study room
- Sports facilities