Goldney Hall West Residential Village
Goldney Hall is a self-catered hall in the West Residential Village. Student accommodation is arranged in more recently-built blocks, divided into flats. The hall is set in beautifully landscaped gardens.
Images of Goldney Hall
Photography is representative – room layout, contents and furnishings may vary.
Location of Goldney Hall
Getting to the campus
- 0.8 miles from campus
- Approximately 14 minutes walk
- Approximately 7 minutes cycle
Lower Clifton Hill, Bristol, BS8 1BH
This accommodation is part of the West Residential Village. Home to around 3,000 students, this is the largest residential village in terms of the area it covers. Most residences are based in Clifton, with some located near Park Street and Gloucester Road. Clifton is a popular and picturesque suburb of Bristol known for its Georgian architecture, cafe culture, and green spaces. Park Street boasts a selection of quirky shops, bars, and restaurants, and has several works of street art by the world-famous artist, Banksy. Bristol's independent and thriving, Gloucester Road, is reputedly the longest independent shopping street in Europe. Students benefit from being both close to the University campus and to the city centre. Students living in the West Village have access to the Student Support Centre based in Clifton Hill House. Find out more about living in the West Residential Village.
Accommodation costs and terms for 22/23
|Room types available||Available beds||Tenancy length||Total fee|
|Single with basin – standard||196||42 weeks||£6,909|
|Single with basin – standard plus||42||42 weeks||£7,350|
|En suite – basic||18||42 weeks||£7,497|
Tenancy dates: 17 September 2022 to 8 July 2023. The tenancy is a fixed term contract.
Room types: understand what our room types mean.
Tenancy and payment terms: You must read the terms and conditions of accepting a tenancy with us before you proceed with your accommodation application. Read about what's included in your fees and budgeting for your accommodation costs on our accommodation costs page and view a sample tenancy (PDF) for this residence detailing payment terms.
- Meal card option available
- Owned and managed by the University of Bristol, which is the landlord.
- Mixed flats in 11 blocks; 6–8 rooms per flat
- Limited en suite rooms. These are allocated to students with medical needs.
- Bath/shower rooms within each flat shared by 3–4 students
- Kitchen/diner in each flat shared by 6–8 students
- Adapted rooms for hearing impaired people available
- Adapted rooms for visually impaired people available
- Adapted rooms for people with restricted mobility available
- Some single-sex flats are available
- All beds single size
- Internet access (Glide) in rooms
- Bike storage (additional cost for insurance)
- Limited parking available with permit
- Common room
- Study room
- Sports facilities