Badock Hall North Residential Village
Housing 428 students in Stoke Bishop, Badock Hall offers both catered and self-accommodation. It has a variety facilities including a library and study area, music and theatre room, common room, tennis courts, and plenty of surrounding green space.
Images of Badock Hall
Photography is representative – room layout, contents and furnishings may vary.
Location of Badock Hall
Getting to the campus
- 2.3 miles from campus
- Approximately 14 minutes cycle
- Approximately 16 minutes bus journey
Stoke Park Road, Stoke Bishop, Bristol, BS9 1JQ
This accommodation is part of the North Residential Village. Home to around 2,500 students, the North Village is a campus of accommodation located two miles from the University campus. There is a regular bus service running to the University (bus passes are included in your accommodation fee). The site includes gardens and space for socialising and relaxing, and the Clifton Suspension Bridge, Avon Gorge, Ashton Court, and Leigh Woods are all within walking distance. Students living in the North Residential Village have access to the Student Support Centre based in Hiatt Baker Hall. Find out more about living in the North Residential Village.
Accommodation costs and terms for 2023/24
Grade of room
|En suite room||Basic||Catered||9||42 weeks||Undergraduate||£8,820.00|
|En suite room||Standard||Catered||2||42 weeks||Undergraduate||£9,408.00|
|Single room||Basic||Catered||168||42 weeks||Undergraduate||£7,938.00|
|Single room with a basin||Basic||Catered||123||42 weeks||Undergraduate||£8,526.00|
|Single room with a basin||Standard||Self-catered||120||42 weeks||Undergraduate||£7,350.00|
|Twin room||Basic||Catered||4||42 weeks||Undergraduate||£6,909.00|
|Two bed flat||Standard||Catered||2||42 weeks||Undergraduate||£9,114.00|
Tenancy dates: 16 September 2023 to 6 July 2024 (42 week tenancies) and 9 September 2023 to 31 August 2024 (51 week tenancies). The tenancy is a fixed term contract.
Room types: understand what our room types mean.
Tenancy and payment terms: You must read the terms and conditions of accepting a tenancy with us before you proceed with your accommodation application. Read about what's included in your fees and budgeting for your accommodation costs on our accommodation costs page and view a sample tenancy (PDF) for this residence detailing payment terms.
- Catered and self-catered
- Owned and managed by the University of Bristol, which is the landlord.
- Catered meals are served in the on-site dining hall. Each floor in catered flats has a basic pantry area with a toaster, kettle and microwave for preparing simple meals. Self-catered flats have a shared kitchen.
- Catered flats have up to 13 rooms per floor. Self-catered flats have up to 10 rooms per floor.
- Bath/shower rooms on each floor shared by 3–10 students
- Basic kitchen areas on each floor shared by 7–13 students
- Adapted rooms for hearing impaired people available
- Adapted rooms for people with restricted mobility available
- Adapted rooms for wheelchair users available
- Some single-sex flats are available
- Most beds are single. There are some small double beds (4ft/122cm wide).
- Internet access (Glide) in rooms
- Bike storage (additional cost for insurance)
- Limited parking available with permit
- Common room
- Music practice room
- Study room
- Sports facilities