University of Bristol Tennis
We have 4 indoor courts and 10 outdoor courts (4 floodlit) at Coombe Dingle Sports Complex, BS9 2BJ and a further 11 outdoor courts at student residences across Bristol.
We have a team of over 50 staff, coaches and volunteers powering a programme to over 1,000 players each week (summer 2018 peak).
We provide opportunities for children, students and adults to play tennis - book courts, Pay & Play coaching sessions, coaching courses, competitions, camps and more.
Our 5-year plan maps out an ambitious vision to upgrade our facilities, significantly grow our programme across the City and support some of the best players in the UK (juniors, students and athletes with disabilities). We have recently invested £50,000 on our indoor cushioned acrylic courts.
The programme is led by Director of Tennis Andy Trott, our new Head Coach Ali Blackett and Tennis Development Officer Jason Boon, a brilliant team of LTA qualified and accredited coaches, assistant coaches, hitters, our wonderful student workforce and a number of excellent volunteers. We work in partnership with the LTA, Tennis Foundation, Bristol City Community Trust, Bristol Sport Foundation, local schools and community groups to create opportunities for everyone to play and enjoy tennis.
- UoB students looking to find out about and/or join UBTC (the student club, run by students, for students)
- Junior coaching courses (2.5 – 18 years of age)
- Adult coaching courses and Pay & Play sessions
- Kids holiday camps
- Book a court (you can borrow a racket and purchase balls at reception)
- Adult Member Mix Ins Timetable (PDF, 318kB)(these sessions are currently for Public Active Plus members only)
Get in touch
For more info on coaching, courses or bookings, please email email@example.com
University of Bristol Tennis Club (UBTC) membership
- £10 residences membership
- £35 - social member
- £55 - advanced
- £95 - team/performance