2019 in review: Doing more with law 11 February 2020 As we speed through the first months of a new decade, we take a moment to look back at some of the Law School’s highlights for 2019.
- Centre for Law and History News: The Presence of the Past: Law v. History Seminar 14 February 2020 We were delighted to welcome a large audience to our inaugural event on the 29th January. Staff and students from Law and History, as well as academics from other universities, turned out to hear from the founding members of the new Centre for Law and History Research.
- 2019 in review: Doing more with law 11 February 2020 As we speed through the first months of a new decade, we take a moment to look back at some of the Law School’s highlights for 2019.
- Student Volunteering Week: Helping people who are representing themselves in court 10 February 2020 For Student Volunteering Week we talked to LLB Law student, Susie Burley, about her role in the Law Clinic's partnership with LiP Service that helped her #DoMoreWithLaw
- A Justice Gap article by Dr Michael Naughton questions the transparency and accountability of Criminal Case Review Commission 29 January 2020 A new article by Dr Naughton, Reader in Sociology and Law, who established the first innocence project in the UK at the University of Bristol and was Founder and Director of the Innocence Network UK, has been published by The Justice Gap.
- Interested in Social Justice? Discover University of Bristol’s new LLM in Employment, Work and Equality. 27 January 2020 If you're interested in social justice we have the course for you. Our new LLM in Employment, Work and Equality is unique, taught by a world-leading team of labour lawyers and bringing together an exciting mix of subjects unavailable elsewhere.
- Mentors meet students to help them #DoMoreWithLaw as the Law in Society Mentoring Scheme launches 23 January 2020 The Law School, working with the Professional Liaison Network (PLN), launched the Law in Society Mentoring Scheme at a ‘Meet Your Mentor’ event at the Wills Memorial Building on 18 November 2019.
- Studying law and finding love: Q&A with law alumna, Tian Hui Tan 23 January 2020 In the lead up to Valentine’s Day, we caught up with Law School alumna and LLB graduate, Tian Hui Tan on why she chose to study here, adjusting to life in the UK as an international student and, ultimately finding love here in Bristol.
- Professor Judith Masson appointed honorary Queen’s Counsel for her contribution to public child law 22 January 2020 Judith Masson, Professor of Socio-Legal Studies at the University of Bristol has been appointed honorary Queen's Counsel.
- Professor Aurora Plomer awarded Leverhulme Major Research Fellowship 14 January 2020 Professor Aurora Plomer has been awarded a Major Research Fellowship by the Leverhulme Trust for a project on Intellectual Property and the Human Rights of Companies in Europe.
- The Centre for Law at Work hosts Industrial Law Society meetings 2019 -2020 20 December 2019 The Centre for Law at Work News