Law School alumna and England netball legend retires from the game after fourth Commonwealths 12 August 2022 University of Bristol Law School alumna Eboni Usoro-Brown has announced she is retiring from domestic and international netball after her fourth Commonwealth Games.
- Law School alumna and England netball legend retires from the game after fourth Commonwealths 12 August 2022 University of Bristol Law School alumna Eboni Usoro-Brown has announced she is retiring from domestic and international netball after her fourth Commonwealth Games.
- Victory for Ogiek Community in the African Court on Human and Peoples’ Rights 29 July 2022 On 23 June 2022, the African Court on Human and Peoples’ Rights delivered its ruling on reparations in the case of African Commission on Human and Peoples’ Rights (ACHPR) v. Republic of Kenya (App.006/2012).
- BSN Grassroots programme open for applications 28 July 2022 Applications are now open for the BSN Grassroots Programme, an intensive programme of careers and skills workshops to guide candidates through a career development journey over the course of one academic year, held in partnership with industry experts and experienced lawyers.
- Paralympian graduates: 'Attaining my master's is one of my greatest achievements' 13 July 2022 Paralympian Dan Bethell celebrated seven years of hard work in lecture theatres and on the court as he graduated from the University of Bristol Law School.
- Law School Researchers influence Parliamentary scrutiny of UK’s First Trade Agreement (FTA) since Brexit 8 July 2022 Earlier this week the House of Commons International Trade Committee published its report, ‘UK trade negotiations: Agreement with Australia.’ As the first truly new trade agreement concluded by the UK since exiting the European Union, the report is of particular importance and heavily cites evidence provided by Law School researchers in the key areas of investment and procurement.
- University of Bristol Law School celebrates Top 10 UK Law School ranking 23 June 2022 The University of Bristol Law School has been ranked as a Top 10 Law School in the latest Complete University Guide UK Rankings 2023.
- ‘The law gives you the chance to make a difference’: Q&A with Alumnus John Ward OBE 20 June 2022 Law School alumnus John Ward (LLB 1993) was awarded an OBE for Public Service earlier this year. We caught up with John in a Q&A about his award, his work as Deputy Legal Director in the Government Legal Department, his time studying law at Bristol and his words of advice for students today in terms of carving out a successful career.
- Dr Peter Dunne amongst next generation of research leaders awarded £98 million to tackle global causes 16 June 2022 The Law School’s Dr Peter Dunne is among four Bristol academics and 80 other promising science and research leaders who will receive £97.8 million to conquer major global issues and commercialise their innovations in the UK.
- Student Q&A with Jude D’Alesio, International Law Book Facility essay competition winner 13 June 2022 Undergraduate Law student Jude D’Alesio won the International Law Book Facility’s inaugural essay competition earlier this year, writing on the topic ‘Looking back from 2030, what should we do now to transform the legal profession (including by the use of machine learning technology) to ensure access to justice for all and that the profession is as diverse as the communities and businesses it serves.’ We talked to Jude about his essay, what he finds most inspiring about his time at Bristol, and his top piece of advice for new students starting out on their Law path at Bristol.
- Obituary: Former Minister of Labour and Senior Counsel at the Bar of Mauritius, Me. Yousuf Abdul Razack Mohamed (LLB 1961) 9 June 2022 Yousuf Abdul Razack Mohamed, who was an alumnus of the Law School and went on to become Minister of Labour and Senior Counsel at the Bar of Mauritius, passed away on Sunday 3 April 2022.