Parents and supporters
We aim to help you navigate the open day and support your child/dependant while planning their next steps.
Before the open day
- We are offering 30-minute question and answer sessions for parents, carers and supporters at 12:15 pm and 2:30 pm. These sessions must be booked in advance. To do this, log in to your child/dependant's portal account and book your place.
- Make sure your child/dependant has accessed their portal account before arriving. When they sign in, they can view or edit the booking, and download the QR code which they will need to access any of the booked sessions on the day. Information about the portal account is available in the booking confirmation email.
- Talk to your student about why they want to study a particular subject and what they are looking for in a university.
- Encourage them to think about questions they might want to ask.
- Bristol is a beautiful city, and the University is right at the heart of it. If possible, plan some time to explore.
- Plan ahead to make sure you and your child/dependant get the most out of the open day. See more information about planning your day.
- Have a look at our information for parents and carers.
On the day
- Attend the question and answer session you have booked. If possible, have a copy of the QR code from the booking portal to hand to make checking in to the talk easier.
- Encourage your child/dependant to ask questions for themselves at the open day exhibition.
- Due to capacity limitations, some subject activities may not allow for a guest to attend. This is a great chance to explore the campus yourself, ask our stewards any questions, have a coffee at one of our campus cafes, or enjoy a bite to eat from a local street food stall in Royal Fort Gardens. These locations will be marked on the map you will receive on the day.
Travel information and details of our shuttle bus services.
We recommend you give yourself at least 30 minutes to properly explore subject information points and ask your questions.
For booked talks, please plan to arrive at least 5 minutes before the published start time in order to guarantee entry. After this, all remaining seats will be offered to non-booked guests.
If you have any questions about our open days, please contact the Enquiries Team:
- Telephone: +44 (0)117 394 1646
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instagram: @universityofbristol