New international students
Starting university in a different country is a big step. Find out the extra things you need to know as an international student before you start your adventure.
Travelling to the UK: latest advice
If you are planning to travel to the UK from an affected country, contact us at email@example.com
If you need information on travel options from quarantine, contact the International Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out more about International travel: restrictions and quarantine.
Before you arrive
- Read how we have adapted our campus and teaching to ensure you can safely enjoy a great student experience.
- Find out about airport transfers.
- Register online for your studies.
- Arrange your visa and important documents.
- If you are a sponsored student, provide your sponsorship letter.
- Find out about health services in the UK.
- Tell us if you have a long term health condition or disability.
- Plan your travel to the UK.
- Find out about international travel restrictions and quarantine.
- Check how Brexit might affect you.
When you arrive
- What to do at the border.
- Travel to the University of Bristol including airport transfers.
- Complete your Right to Study Check.
- Open a bank account
- Pay your fees.
After you arrive
- Collect your Biometric Residence Permit card (BRP).
- If you needed a visa to come to the UK, you might need to register with the police.
- Register with a doctor.
- Open a bank account.
- Download the NHS contact tracing app to know when you’re at risk from Coronavirus and to alert your community. Download from the App Store or Google Play Store.
Your life in Bristol
Make sure you also look at our checklist for all students.
Download our Welcome app for all the information you need to get started and to settle into life at Bristol.